Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As an EHS Manager to our Athena and ReproSource labs based in Marlborough, MA, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
To lead, manage and support efforts that ensure facilities, equipment, processes and employee behaviors promote injury reduction and protection of the environment.
Ensure Safe Employee Behaviors
• Direct, advocate and enable visibility, value and accountability between all levels of management and every employee (including employees working primarily off-site from main location) to consistently exhibit behaviors that prevent injury and protect the environment. Influence may be exerted both directly and through the management of liaisons and intermediaries, such as departmental safety and safety committee representatives.
• Create meaningful monthly communications and periodic promotions to foster continuous improvement in EHS processes and outcomes. Presents plans and results at monthly senior management staff meetings.
• Conduct or oversee effective training programs, including those for new employees, annual re-training, function and departmental specific.
• Create and sustain management processes to proactively prevent, minimize or control potential risk of new construction, equipment and processes. Contribute programs to Corporate EHS functions for consideration as a standardized Best Practice.
Manage Employee Injuries to Minimize Loss
• Receive and ensure accurate completion of accident and injury reports. Ensure thorough root cause analysis and correction of deficiencies contributing to injury, including recommendation of progressive discipline for noncompliant behaviors, when appropriate. Manages data input and quality control of data. May use PeopleSoft, or other software tools, for data capture and analysis for internal and external reporting of injury and environmental reports.
• Manage the site’s Workers’ Compensation insurance program. Manage cases for cost-effective treatment and prompt return to work. Manage complex and potentially difficult expectations and relationships between the employee, their supervisor and treating physician, and the insurance carrier.
Ensure EHS Compliance
• Manage processes to ensure compliance with requirements from EHS related government regulations and industry standards, including OSHA, EPA, DOT, NRC, CAP, NFPA, and others.
• Manage extensive creation, implementation, audit, and recordkeeping responsibilities of EHS SOPs.
• Collaborate with other departments and functions as necessary for effective and sustainable compliance.
• Research and consider creative solutions to specific problems. Analyze and report cost benefits of alternate solutions.
• Manage Emergency Response Team preparedness and practice drills, including fire drills.
Contribute to Crisis Management Team
• Manage employee COVID testing and tracking
• Serve as site Chemical Hygiene Officer. Accountable for all associated responsibilities: maintain chemical inventory and MSDS database, exposure monitoring, inspections, reporting and training programs.
• Serve as site Driver Safety Officer. Accountable for training, driver qualification verification, accident review and root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
• Serve as site Radiation Safety Officer, fulfilling all associated responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree (chemical, physical, biological, safety, environmental management, engineering or clinical laboratory science or medical technology)
• Professional certification in at least one of any number of national or state programs. Programs with proficiency testing and continuous education requirements preferred.
• Experience with managing complex programs with accountability for measured outcomes. Knowledge of laboratory, branch, logistics and facility operations. Working knowledge of EHS related government regulations and industry standards.
• Experience in radiation, preferably completing the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) coursework.
• Knowledge of ISO 14001 and business continuity planning preferred
• Demonstrated ability to influence and create change
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and cooperation skills
• Demonstrated strong writing and composition skills
• Dedication to performance of duties in support company values
• Ability to be effective in complex situations
• Business Process Skills:
• Understands clinical laboratory, branch, logistics and facility operations
• Applies quality through problem solving skills and knowledge of quality tools
• Able to create and manage change
• Able to function in a matrix organization
• Organization skills
• Project management skills
• Multi-tasking skills
• Analytical skills
• Technical skills
• Computer skills