SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The EHS Program Manager will provide direct environment, health, and safety support for a high technology research and development project at the Microsoft – Redmond campus. He/she will collaborate closely with this results driven team to help ensure the team members can do their work safely. The EHS Program Manager – Quantum will work to help the team implement the right safety training and procedures while still meeting their research and development milestones.
- Work under the direction of the Global Occupational Health and Safety manager to provide direct EHS support for the project team
- Provide direct onsite support to local team in Redmond and limited remote support for international teams
- Provide timely response and support to project team and allow them to meet their development milestones
- Assist the project team to implement their EHS requirements which facilitate quality and safe work
- Prioritize work base on team objectives. Establish and meet deadlines
- Collaborate with team members on the R&D project and the OHS Team to develop and implement the right safety controls that create minimal impact on the team’s work
- Identify improvement opportunities for the EHS and OHS program(s)
- Provide regular status reports to your manager and other stakeholders
- Assist in the development and implementation of written EHS procedures to support the work team
- Provide consultation on project plans as the team expands their work space and acquires new equipment. This will include defining EHS requirements during the scoping of new programs and/ or projects.
- Conduct risk assessment for job tests. Since this is a research and development team, the work changes frequently and upkeep is essential
- Responsible for EHS incident investigation. Identify a root cause and appropriate corrective actions
- Assist working teams to implement hazard controls
- Help to administer OHS tools like SDS database, training database, record retention and injury reporting process
- Participate in the Employee Safety Committee
- Coordinate document creation activities and ensure they are uploaded to the team SharePoint
- Ensure that project team members receive training as directly as directed by the OHS team
- Facilitate program communications and provide regular status reports to your manager and other stakeholders
- Participate in weekly team meetings to prioritize weekly projects/ activities. Activities come from various sources; new or updated activities from Microsoft work teams, injury investigations, maintaining OHS tools and systems.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the Environment, Health, and Safety field OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Degrees in other fields will also be considered, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in high technology industry
- Experience with project management
- Experience conducting hazard and operability (“Has-Op”) studies
- Language Skills: English required, multilingual preferred
- Mathematical Skills: Advanced required
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required
- Computer Skills: Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office suite required. Advanced experience with Laboratory Information Systems preferred. Must be proficient in SharePoint.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, high volume, high growth environment, balancing several assignments concurrently with different deadlines
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person, on phone, and via email with internal stakeholders and all levels of management of customer
- Ability to gather and review information and synthesize data for reports and other written materials; excellent organizational skills
- Impeccable accuracy required, superb attention to detail required
- High level ability to influence stakeholders and management
- Possesses strong cross-team/ group/ org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues.
- Strong written communication skills
- Must be proficient in analyzing data for trends, developing and executing effective professional communications and adult learning
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards
- Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS Operational Integrity policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions by participating in and enhancing the SGS culture of safety to attend safety meetings, complete required training, intervening in case of unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and fully complying with laws, regulations, internal, and customer requirements for health and safety
- Knowledge of environmental regulations required
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.