We are looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) to join our team. In this role, you will ensure that our company is a safe work environment for all employees through implementation of policies, trainings, procedures and culture of all the facilities. This is a great opportunity for an EHS professional to be responsible for continuous improvement of an effective Environmental, Health and Safety program.
• Quantify hazardous waste generated for the year or contact waste vendor for annual summary report.
• Inspect area satellite waste accumulation area & main waste accumulation area for compliance.
• Perform routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities such as waste characterization, periodic inspections, waste disposal scheduling and oversight.
• Organize waste manifests in order, match with proof of destruction and file.
• Minimize hazardous waste and review processes and investigate minimization techniques (e.g. recycling)
• Review and update hazardous chemical inventory.
• Review chemicals, wastes, and processes for hazards.
• Ensure SDS for new products are uploaded into Safetec system for the correct location/department using the material.
• Have expired and unused chemicals removed.
• Inspect and flush eye wash stations.
• Review requirements and risks against PPE provided.
• Conduct root-cause investigations for site incidents including injuries, fires, and spills.
• Facilitate EHS New Hire Orientation.
• Evaluate facility conditions, assess EHS risks, and help develop appropriate corrective-action plans to address gaps in compliance.
• Conduct regularly scheduled EHS meetings.
• Maintain required records and documentation and assist in the development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, training, and policy guidance documents.
• Perform JSAs and workstation assessments.
• Develop a strong working knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the organization.
• Coordinate all aspects of resource use, pollution reduction, waste management, environmental health, and risk assessment and employee involvement.
• Ensure compliance with all environmental and health regulations, as well as keeping abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that potentially impact the organization.
• BS/BA, Degree
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of health and safety functions within a laboratory environment and the federal and state regulations pertaining a facility.
• Laboratory experience
OSHA, TCEQ, EPA related training is desired.