At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we are seeking an EHS Specialist for our Valencia, CA site.
The EHS Specialist will work with a small team of EHS professionals to support employees across the laboratory. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for administering, developing and coordinating programs designed to protect employees and the environment from harm. Responsibilities also include assuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to employee health and safety.
• Adapts and implements corporate safety, health and environmental policies.
• Develop, administer or coordinate plans and programs designed to maintain high level of safety awareness among managers and employees.
• Performs or coordinates on-site safety inspections at the main laboratory campus.
• Analyzes accident/incident trends and develops training or other programs to reduce incidents
• Maintain close coordination with Operational Leaders
• Assist in administration of environmental, health and safety programs in the business unit
• Provide safety training to employee and management groups
• Responsible for maintenance of required records and supportive documents
• Responsible for maintenance of EHS training records and related documents
• Maintain regulatory compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations
• Improve workplace safety and injury/illness prevention efforts
• Coordinate safety meetings and training sessions
• Administer hazardous waste characterization/disposal program
• Responsible for pollution prevention and waste minimization program
• BS/BA (or equivalent) in occupational safety and health or other related field
• Hazwoper certification preferred
• 2+ years of experience in EHS
• Knowledge of workers compensation programs
• Familiarity with OSHA, EPA and DOT federal and state regulations required.
• Availability to assist with emergency response 24/7