Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION CENTER (I & II)
Compensation Base: $23.22
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position installs and maintains the facility’s closed captioned television, security electronics, surveillance and detection equipment, intercom and public announcing systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials; provide access for future maintenance; and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing locations of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams and blueprints ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Routes and installs electrical conduit when required.
- Routes and pulls low voltage wiring.
- Splices writing by acceptable methods.
- Performs termination of wiring in electronics.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs closed captioned televisions, security electronics, surveillance and detection equipment, intercom and public announcing systems. Performs testing utilizing instruments such as ohmmeter, multi-meter, ohm-meter, and other specialty instruments.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or systems to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.