ERP Functional Analyst, Business Solutions
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As ERP Functional Analyst on our ERP Business Solutions team, you will work closely with our Electrification (EL) business process owners and leadership team stakeholders to perform in-depth business process analysis to design, develop and propose improved and new business operating solutions.
Reporting to IS Functional Analyst, you’ll leverage your technical and business process knowledge and data analysis expertise to develop optimal solutions, with the support of our internal information systems solutions architecture and ERP software applications development teams.
*** Preferred locations are Atlanta, GA or Cary, NC; will consider other ABB Electrification Business Locations on an individual basis***
- As an internal consultative advisor, you are responsible for conducting root cause analysis on existing processes and the corresponding operational and financial metrics and KPI data to develop and present systems strategies, technical roadmaps, risks, and recommendations to senior leaders across ABB
- Travel to our EL sites globally, to assess first-hand current business processes used in Supply Chain Operations and in Marketing & Sales, to then identify workflow problems/issues, process gaps, anomalies, and defects by working closely with business function process owners and system users
- Dissect problem areas into smaller pieces to evaluate, develop and improve standard operating procedures, ensuring compliance with all ABB internal controls
- In a highly collaborative, multi-cultural team environment, you’ll lead cross functional teamwork and best practice knowledge sharing to derive and present Proof-of-Concept solution and recommendations to our business stakeholders
- Upon approval and adoption, work closely with the business to ensure effective deployment, integration, and implementation of solutions, providing training as needed to all applicable team members and end-users
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, or related field is required with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in ERP Operations, ERP Analysis & Solutioning
- Ability to perform Business Process Analysis is required; prefer experience in Supply Chain/Operations, and/or Marketing & Sales processes
- Experience using SAP ERP systems and tools, or similar is preferred; Interest in developing skills to become an SAP Super User is required
- Basic knowledge of programming (VBA, SQL, ABAP, etc.) is a plus
- Project management skills and training is preferred; lean six sigma training and/or belt certification a plus
- Experience using and understanding operational and financial metrics required; must have advanced MS Excel skills proficiency
- Must be able to travel within the Americas up to 40% to support our ABB EL plants and facility locations
- Ability to comfortably present consolidated data, information, and solutions up to Sr. leader and executive level teams required
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and have vision for creating new solutions and implementing existing solutions
- Strong Team collaborations skills are needed, as well as ability to coach and train users, who typically have minimal technology use capabilities
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.