ETO Automation Technical Sales Support Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be the technical point person for the for Custom Engineered To Order (ETO) Automation Solutions sales organization in Measurement Products Service, Process Automation Measurement & Analytics (PAMA) in Bartlesville, Oklahoma providing technical solutions and advice on ABB products, systems and applications.
Reporting to the Technical Solutions Manager, you will support local sales teams and customers by advising on technical options and cost effective solutions.
- Primary stakeholder in preparing technical and financial aspects for ETO Automation offerings, including pricing details and full cost models, technical specifications and deliverables for sales proposals and assisting project managers in technical reviews and discussions with customers and others
- Supporting the sales team by providing advice on technical solutions, products, systems and applications
- Performing diagnostics and analysis to make improvement recommendations based on customers needs
- Resolve complex technical issues both remotely and at customer sites in Oklahoma, Texas and elsewhere
- Contributing technical details and perspectives at various stages and delivering technical presentations, drawings and demonstrations of complex product issues
- Maintain and enhance customer satisfaction by offering dialogue and excellent service at all times
- Offering specialized training on products, solutions and services
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or comparable technical field and minimum 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry working as Automation Technician or Engineer with Flow Computers, Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Two year degree or degrees in other fields acceptable with 2 additional year experience in the field
- Sound knowledge of Flow Computers, RTUs and PLCs and the Oil & Gas market
- Experience in the following areas are a plus: Industrial Controllers/PLCs, I/O signal types, programming and wiring schematics
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) programming
- Computer Programming: Python, Java, C and Ladder Logic
- Mechanical Assembly, electrical theory & circuit design
- Troubleshooting: communications and loop checks
- Salesforce, Solidworks
- Demonstrated performance with a collaborative, solution focused approach
- Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills. English primarily but additional languages are desirable
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.