Category Information Technology
Job Location Remote
Tracking Code 072919-3
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Certilytics offers a suite of innovative analytic solutions including Big Data Services, Total Population Health Management, Financial Risk Intelligence and Customized Prediction Models. These solutions are configured upon our open source Hadoop Platform, with the underlying philosophy of providing analytics as a service and moving beyond predictions to deliver actionable intelligence.
Our team represents a dynamic infusion of multidiscipline which includes actuarial, data and behavioral scientists, IT engineers, software developers, nurse clinicians, as well as experts in public health and the health insurance industry. Certilytics has extensive experience working with a diverse set of customers including large self-insured employers, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, government programs, care management companies and health systems. These relationships with various data providers and customers allows for rapid data ingestion, validation and enrichment as well as streamlined delivery of analytic dashboards, outputs and visualizations to our customers.
Our unique approach allows for the development of the most accurate financial, clinical and behavioral models in the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The primary role of the econometrician will be to perform statistically rigorous restrospective analyses to measure the effects of programs and interventions on outcomes like total cost of care/utilization, QALY, and disease progression.
- In addition, the econometrician will variously:
- Quantify medical costs, behavioral health spend and societal impacts of novel interventions, incorporating comprehensive social determinants and non-medical aspects of health.
- Work closely with data science, clinical, and technical teams across Certilytics to advance health platforms broadly.
- Masters Degree in Health Economics, Health Policy, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or other related disciplines with 3+ years of practical experience working across a range of health-related environments, including life sciences, health systems and/or consulting.
- Experience developing decision models, budget impact analysis and comparative effectiveness research that has been implemented in commercial applications.
- Experience with demonstrating clinical intervention impacts for new products or therapies, including analysis of data from claims data and electronic medical records, to develop the economic and utilization impact models.
- Proficiency in at least one open source statistical programming language, preferably R or Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for developing next generation models of care and quantification of total medical and behavioral costs of care that integrate and implement innovative decision models.
- Experience working in health care financial data, from hospitals, medical groups and/or health insurance, including capitated payment models.
- Publication history in peer reviewed journals or previous academic research experience.