The Editorial Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating the development process for books projects and ancillary products. This includes coordinating the contributor assignment and authoring process, supervising and coordinating the full review and revision process, and ensuring all project components are finalized for production launch on schedule using the Editorial Manager content management system. Provides administrative and editorial support to book editors and contributors to facilitate and complete the content development workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates content development process for books projects and ancillary products from proposal approval through final disposition to production.
- Coordinates and troubleshoots initial author invitations and submissions, ensures author submissions are complete and include all required ancillary materials, including copyright transfers, permissions, art content, etc.
- Provides timely follow up on missing materials and distributes submission files to appropriate functional teams.
- Tracks submissions through multiple cycles of review to established turnaround times, follow up, and escalate delays.
- Processes reviews and revised submissions.
- Collects and catalogues all project components and finalizes for disposition to production and manufacturing.
- Oversees contributor and reviewer records in content management system, processes invoices for payment.
- Assists Publishers and Editors with preparation of annual/semiannual editorial reports and other ad hoc or scheduled report needs.
- Manages freelancer assignments, processes invoices for payment.
- Provides support to production team to ensure content deliverable deadlines are met, including providing escalation support for missing materials or author/editor delays.
- Assists in the ongoing development, documentation, and execution of policies and procedures for the Editorial Operations group to ensure the highest level of quality possible in providing editorial process support to LWWs publishing customers and partners.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed; other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline preferred, or equivalent experience required
- 2 - 4 years previous editorial experience; production experience will be considered as well
- 1 - 2 years customer service / customer management experience
- MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Preferred experience as an administrator with a web-based peer-review and tracking system (preferably Editorial Manager)
- Previous experience working with books and/or journals a plus
- Strong organizational, communication, and follow-up skills
- Understanding of Web-based software solutions and HTML, experience with the creation and editing of audio/visual digital media a plus
- Project-management experience a plus
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.