To create and maintain engineered designs of assigned products, systems or components in order to be competitive in function, manufacturability and marketability
Role & Responsibility
Role & Responsibility
• Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, and embedded system teams to understand and develop components for compact electrical construction vehicles.
• Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop and procure advanced chemistry battery systems, electric motors and system controls.
• Understand and develop testing to ensure compliance of international standards and regulations for electrical earth moving machinery.
• Direct tests and analyze results of prototype electric vehicles to optimize the design in preparation for production.
Research and Development
• Develop and maintain a requirements document that specifies the deliverables required for new functionality of specified Bobcat vehicle
• Evaluate new technology or procedures that enable specific new functions of compact construction equipment.
• Acquire new hardware and software to develop pilot or concept demonstrators.
• Support 3rd party developers partnered with Doosan Bobcat company in technology development
• Participate and assist in planning of product specifications, timelines, resource requirements to develop new technologies.
• Report results and progress with other departmental functions to provide recommendations for select technologies that may fit current technology roadmaps and identified customer needs.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, agricultural, or mechanical engineering
- Experience: 0-2 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Travel < 10%
Doosan Bobcat is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not provide sponsorship or support for any immigration status for this position.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.