To create and maintain engineered designs of assigned products, systems or components in order to be competitive in function, manufacturability, and marketability.
Role & Responsibility
• Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, and embedded system teams to understand and develop components for compact electrical construction vehicles
• Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop and procure advanced chemistry battery systems, electric motors and system controls
• Understand and develop testing to ensure compliance of international standards and regulations for electrical earth moving machinery
• Direct tests and analyze results of prototype electric vehicles to optimize the design in preparation for production
Research and Development
• Develop and maintain a requirements document that specifies the deliverables required for new functionality of specified Bobcat vehicle
• Evaluate new technology or procedures that enable specific new functions of compact construction equipment
• Acquire new hardware and software to develop pilot or concept demonstrators
• Support 3rd party developers partnered with Doosan Bobcat company in technology development
• Participate and assist in planning of product specifications, timelines, resource requirements to develop new technologies
• Report results and progress with other departmental functions to provide recommendations for select technologies that may fit current technology roadmaps and identified customer needs
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Agriculture
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of electrical systems and battery systems development
- Knowledge of electrical motor control and electrical vehicle development
- Product design industry experience preferred
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and complicated tasks
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Use of standard computer programs for written communications. (E.g. MS word, power point, excel etc…)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the operation of off-highway equipment is desirable
- Mechanical Aptitude
- 2 to 10 years' experience
- Travel <10%
Doosan Bobcat North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas, nor provide any OPT, CPT or other immigration support, for this position.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.