Sabre Systems, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work in Aberdeen, MD. Aberdeen Proving Ground is located on Maryland's beautiful Chesapeake Bay and in close proximity to Washington D.C and Philadelphia, PA. APG is the premiere communication and technology research and development installation supporting the US Army. The United States Government and commercial enterprises are under constant assault from sophisticated cyber adversaries who seek to access our networks, steal our information, and disrupt the systems and operations.
The Electrical Engineer will support the US Army Space & Terrestrial Communications Directorate R&D efforts by testing and integrating tactical communication systems. The selected candidate will play a key role in testing current fielded (legacy) and future advanced wireless communication systems and in determining interoperability with other fielded systems.
The Electrical Engineer will:
- Develop test summaries, including results, conclusions, and recommendations
- Provide recommendations to the Government regarding system performance and suitability to meet Army tactical communications needs
- Perform test planning and execution, to include test plan development, equipment setup, data recording, and troubleshooting problems
- Work with Government and outside vendors to perform system interoperability testing
- Operate lab equipment including: Network Analyzers, Signal Analyzers, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, and custom test equipment
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Network Engineering and five (5) years of experience is required. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree. The selected candidate must have an understanding of networking or RF communications, and experience in:
- Network system interoperability testing
- Electronics engineering
- Writing formal test reports
- Using benchtop test equipment including Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc.
It is highly desired that the selected candidate have experience in:
- Army tactical SATCOM systems, microwave systems, and software defined radios (SDR)
- Configuring network routers, switches, and software
- Interfacing electronics equipment and developing configuration procedures
The selected candidate must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.Overview
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to Federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans bring not only to our company but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans