Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Electrical Support, you will be responsible for all items related to switchgear wire quality/issues and will be the main contact for investigating problems, identifying root cause and implementing and monitoring improvements.
- Interface with Engineering, Wire Harness, Assembly teams and suppliers to resolve wiring and wire harness quality issues.
- Drive corrective actions / process changes to quality issues through various functions and track corrective actions to ensure sustained results.
- Lead routine quality meetings with various functions.
- Support the moving assembly line for any wiring issues.
- Develop and document standards (MOIs, QAIs, CTQs) for wiring practices, maintain documentation, and train personnel on these items.
- Provide training and support for all activities related to wiring of switchgear.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Support our continuous improvement processes through our LEAN initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required.
- 2 or more years of experience Wiring in Manufacturing/Electrification Setting.
- Must be authorized to legally work within the United States.
- Extensive knowledge of wiring practices.
- Wiring experience to include the following:
- Front view and Panel layout knowledge.
- Connection diagram knowledge.
- Device placement / punching knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience setting up harness boards.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Computer literacy sufficient to analyze data, utilize spreadsheets & database tools.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and strong commitment to quality / process improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Previous Lean continuous improvement experience and involvement.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.