Electrical Systems Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Electrical Systems Engineer, you will be encompasses the planning, design, development, testing, installation and co-ordination of related activities involving electrical/electronic components and systems for various Energy Solutions engineering projects in Process Automation Energy Industries in Houston, Texas, perform various engineering duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering principles and practices. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction under general guidance of supervisor or more experienced engineer.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, you will responsible for project execution, contract compliance, customer satisfaction and financial return for one or more complex and/or large projects. Coordinate activities and provide technical advice to project participants. Develop, recommend and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve performance.
- Plan, support and/or coordinate major project requirements and specifications. Determine most effective means of accomplishing objectives, develop schedules for technical deliverables, conduct and coordinate related activities. Ensure that overall efforts are in concert with customer and Company requirements.
- Develop detailed engineering documentation including: Single Line Diagrams, Power System Studies (Arc Flash, Load Flow, Short Circuit, etc.), Network Diagrams, Protective Device Settings, and Substation Layouts.
- Perform electrical system integration utilizing IEC 61850 and other industrial communication protocols.
- Maintain close contact with customers and project participants to identify and resolve issues of mutual concern and to seek opportunities for additional business. Ensure timely contract completion, customer satisfaction and desired financial return.
- Manage project risks to avoid incurring penalties, warranty repairs or other charges that may have substantial financial impact. In conjunction with related groups, develop business projections and implement strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and ensure responsiveness to customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program and 2 to 5 years of detailed design experience.
- Direct engineering experience on projects with HV/MV/LV switchgear, motor controls, Variable Frequency Drive (VFDs), transformers, and electrical SCADA systems is required.
- Experience programming PLCs, protective relays, and other industrial automation devices is also required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.