Ardagh Group manufactures packaging for the world's biggest brands. We have a reputation for innovation, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivaled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approximately 23,500 people with global sales of approximately €7,7 bn.
To perform general maintenance duties to all physical equipment in the plant.
Tools and Equipment:
All mechanic’s hand tools, plumber’s tools, carpenter’s tools, cutting torch and tanks, ammeter, oscilloscope, special single line tools, polariscope, ladders scaffold, rolls, hoists, bars, electric drills, pipe benders, saw, hammer, drill press, power saw, grinder, table saw, electric welder, etc. Miscellaneous machine parts, various machines used in the plant, nuts, bolts, screws, water pipe, conduit, lumber, nails, etc. Lathes, mills, electrical test equipment, etc.
AC and DC motors and generators, transformers, circuit breakers, rectifiers, control panels, starters, switches, lighting equipment, solder, tape, etc., conduit wire, insulation, hardware, pipe, sheet metal rigging, etc.
1. General mechanical repair such as bearing replacement, motor alignment, rebuilding inspection equipment, elevator and conveyor repair, etc.
2. Fabrication and welding.
3. Operation of various machine shop equipment such as surface grinder, mills, lathes, etc.
4. Pneumatic repair and troubleshooting to include electropnuematic values, cylinders, etc.
5. General electric installation, repair and troubleshooting.
6. Electronic troubleshooting and repair to include circuit reading and testing, operation of multimeters and testers, etc.
7. Instrument repair and troubleshooting including wiring, thermocouples, pneumatics, etc.
8. Hydraulic troubleshooting and repair including cylinders, motors, pumps, filters, etc.
9. Mobile equipment maintenance.
10. General carpentry and painting.
11. General pumping, piping and mechanical installation and repair.
12. Furnace maintenance to include hot repairs.
13. Compressor repair including centrifugal, screw and reciprocal, controls, aftercoolers, and air dryers.
14. Troubleshoot and repair refrigerator and air conditioning systems.
15. Read mechanical, pneumatic hydraulic and electrical prints and troubleshoot specific problems using them.
16. Troubleshoot and repair all inspection equipment, conveyors, computer systems, programmable controllers, batching equipment, carton equipment.
17. General housekeeping to include work sites and shop area.
1. Strong electrical/electronic background.
2. Strong industrial maintenance experience.
3. Some background and exposure to general maintenance.
- Welding - Pipefitting
- Carpentry - Machine Tools
- Hydraulics - Painting
- Pneumatics - Instrumentation
- Programmable Controllers - Computer Controls
4. Must have own tools!