The general duties as a Certified Electronic Reporter include
- Capturing spoken testimony for depositions, hearings, and other legal proceedings.
- Create annotations and keyword lists, maintaining note of speakers' identifications, marking exhibits, and preparing files for subsequent transcription.
- Will receive training to operate specialized computer audio equipment.
- Administer oaths and participate in depositions, hearings, and other legal proceedings which take place in office locations and remotely.
- Utilize technology to record legal proceedings in accordance with established guidelines, rules, and procedures.
- Administer web-conference sessions and facilitate group meetings.
- Transport, set up, and operate computer audio equipment.
- Communicate with clients and multiple parties in a professional setting.
- Prepare audio files, exhibits, and documents for subsequent transcription. * Other duties as assigned by management
- Associate Degree or higher in Legal Studies, Communication, Audio, Video, or a related field.
- Ability to obtain a state Notary Commission and administer oaths.
- Typing speed of 60+ wpm with a high rate of accuracy.
- Ability to obtain AAERT membership and AAERT certification.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and knowledge of the U.S. civil deposition process are preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.