Job ID: 16563
Tests the function of electronic systems, subassemblies, parts and components according to established procedures, using computerized or standard test equipment to ensure unit functions according to internal and published specifications and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reads test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedures and equipment to be used.
2. Calibrate test instruments, verify master software according to specifications.
3. Analyzes and interprets test data to ensure product meets the specifications of the associated test procedure.
4. Connects electronic assembly, component or firmware to test equipment such as ohmmeter, voltmeter, ammeter, oscilloscope, disk copier, curve tracer, multimeters, power supplies or to automatic or computerized test equipment and reads instrument dial, scope, viewing screen, or digital displays.
5. Compares results with specifications and records test data as required.
6. Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
7. Replaces faulty components and records defects on unit history traveler.
8. Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, customer service and others regarding testing/production procedures and results to improve or resolve possible current and potential problems.
9. Perform electronic assembly operations, fabricating, and processing as directed.
10. Produce copies of firmware and software as directed and control software masters.
11. May be directed to train or mentor others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Two-year Associate degree from college or technical school and minimum of two years experience as an electronic technician or without degree 6 years of directly related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
IPC (J-STD-001) is preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be highly self-motivated and comfortable working to deadlines.
Must exhibit interpersonal skills necessary to give and receive suggestions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.