Location : Bismarck, ND | Fargo, ND
Doosan Bobcat designs and manufactures a wide variety of products which include loaders, excavators, compact tractors, and attachments. These products require embedded software to support critical functions such as operator interfaces, vehicle diagnostics, hydraulics, drives, and accessories. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will join a team focused on designing, implementing, and testing software used on Bobcat systems.
Role & Responsibility:
• Design software with coding practices that reduce complexity and create maintainable code
• Develop software and hardware strategies to support vehicle architecture while meeting industry standards and regulations
• Define functional requirements for embedded software and hardware across product lines
• Utilize ALM tools to track project and feature status
• Participate in formal design and code reviews
• Drive system architecture decisions across products while collaborating with mechanical, hydraulics, power train, and electrical teams
• Leverage Agile methodologies to ensure embedded software satisfy customer expectations for quality, reliability, and functionality
• Promote the Doosan Bobcat culture of innovation to provide the best in class solutions to our customers that solve complex issues utilizing embedded systems
• Embrace the use of innovative approaches to solving problems, engage teams, and devise action for the development of new systems and software
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Software, or equivalent Engineering discipline
• 5+ years of experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Previous experience with MATLAB, Simulink, C/C++, and CAN (J1939) communication
• Experience with versioning tools such as GIT and SVN
• < 10% travel
What We Look For:
• Familiarity with construction and agriculture equipment preferred
• Familiarity with debugging tools and techniques at the hardware level
• Inspire, engage, and empower employees to create a culture of creativity, innovation, and timely development of world-class products
Areas of Focus
- Analyze design to determine solutions to new and existing problems.
- Communicate these solutions to the various departments within Bobcat to get them corrected as needed.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.