We believe in the power of people to create great care.
Pottstown Hospital is a 232-bed, acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We're 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
The Registrar is the first point of contact with patients. This skilled person is responsible for successfully completing processes such as the accurate collection and verification of the following:
- Patient demographic
- Insurance information
- Co-pays and deductibles
- Transferring of medical records
- Effectively resolve patient related issues and concerns
- High School diploma or GED required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledge and use of Electronic Medical/Health Records
- Medical office experience (preferred)
- Computer literacy
- Ability to 35 word per minute (desired)