The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all facets of the employee, employer relationship are upheld. The position will lead all investigations into misconduct and risk management incidents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead all investigations into employee misconduct; conduct interviews, guide supervisors through company discipline process and develop action plans. Summarize outcomes and make recommendations to management.
- Lead all investigations into employee related risk management incidents, conducts interviews, and develop action plans. Summarize outcomes and make recommendations to management.
- Ensure company compliance in all regulatory policies related to labor laws, and legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of company policies, programs, and practices and develop and guide management in the implementation new or amended policies.
- Guide supervisors through Human Resources policies and programs for all associates. Monitor adherence to established standards and procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Field any employee relations concerns that reach the corporate office, conduct investigations when necessary. Guide supervisors through employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Develop and maintain performance management and improvement systems
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Coordinate documentation gathering for the Company with respect to PAFs, specifically with regard to employee disciplinary actions. Ensure sufficient documentation is in place to support any disciplinary action taken.
- Sign off on all progressive discipline and termination actions; including review of all documentation, witness counseling, review resignation letters and arbitrate any in appropriate actions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.