Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Employer Installation Representative is responsible for performing a variety of duties to bill and collect COBRA premiums for multiple lines of coverage. The administrator takes inbound calls from customers and participants, completes daily data entry, assists in the preparation of the monthly reports, and works with customer and participants to address any issues that arise.
This role is for candidates that want to work in the Wausau, WI office. Alternatively, candidates that are current telecommuters are also eligible to apply and continue telecommuting. This role will not allow for current non-telecommute employees to begin working remotely.
- Answers inbound calls from customers and participants to answer and resolve COBRA administration questions.
- Analyzes COBRA Action Forms, to verify that the form was received and also processed within the legal time guidelines, insures that the event is a COBRA qualifying event, and coverage information is correct.
- Review and post COBRA payments received to determine whether payments were mailed within federal time guidelines, whether payments are the correct amount, if someone failed to pay, if it’s an NSF, if grace periods apply, and if under legal guidelines there is a significant payment variance.
- Process new hire letters within current federal time guidelines, for those customers who elect this service
- Determines the Flex Spending premium based on annual contribution amount and contributions paid to date.
- Updates and maintains COBRA Customer Information Database (CCID) on a timely basis to reflect customer and outside carrier information, and special procedures.
- Answers, responds and tracks all emails, faxes and other communications from customers, brokers, outside carriers, and other departments on a timely basis.
- Prepares monthly activity reports for customers, in a timely manner
- Responsible to identify any customization necessary in benefit plans or reporting
- Interfaces COBRA payment updates with other carriers to ensure continuation of coverage
- Assist with preparing and or associating FileNet documents
- Backup their team members on their assigned tasks including emails
- Be a member of the COBRA unit procedure committee
- Acts as a resource by providing departments within the company with a thorough understanding of the COBRA process
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of experience in Microsoft Word (creating documents) and Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets, sorting, and data entry)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Work hours will vary between 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM and 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM shifts Monday - Friday with the ability to work overtime during peak business times
- COBRA experience
- Experience with Medical Terminology
- Call center experience
- Coding certification (CPC or CCS or RHIT or RHIA)
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, and long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity