- Assist in all phases of customer current and future programs / projects, including internal and customer activities, conceptualization, voice of the customer and final implementation.
- Facilitate the implementation of design changes and development related to the engineering, design and development of highly engineered, metal formed products for the medical device and equipment markets.
- Customer- facing role as the main interface between customer design and engineering teams and internal teams.
- Facilitate new model launches at customer.
- Provide advanced engineering support to design engineers, sales, project managers and manufacturing as needed.
- Work with sales on application development projects with medical systems and device manufacturers and suppliers.
- Work alongside key members of the team to internally develop customer opportunities and win new business.
- Assist with training Engineered Components personnel on customer designs, application specifics, and product functionality.
- Lead with root cause analysis and resolution of performance related issues with product in the field.
- Assist with project and product management, including CRM systems and project timelines.
- Monitoring existing industry trends and recommending improvements by integrating new technologies.
- Preparing various drawings using AutoCAD, CAD/CAM and similar software.
- Perform and interpret FEA, Simulations, both in-house and via third party service providers.
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs and applications. Must be able to do customer analysis to create applications that respond to customer needs and provide innovative solutions to common problems. Perform prototyping, application tests and reviews to ensure product is satisfactory.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support. Attend/facilitate/host customer engineering meetings and help bring open items to closure; providing updated solutions that resolves issues, performing presentations for customers and working with the customer service teams.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for Engineered Components to work with customer on new or emerging products or programs.
- At least 5 years’ experience with medical components and system design or related experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, metal forming, medical cleanliness requirements, relevant quality standards, government regulations and approval procedures, such as ISO 13485, ISO clean room, FDA registration requirements and ISO 9001
- Strong technical troubleshooting and presentation skills.
- Ability to diagnose complex problems and determine root cause.
- Previous sales engineering or applications experience desirable.
- Strong PC aptitude with Windows environment and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)