West is adding a NOC Operations Engineer (Overnight Shift/Sunday-Wednesday/4x10 hour shift)
to its team in Longmont, CO. The role of this team is to support voice and network elements to maintain 911 networks. In order to be successful in this role, you must possess strong communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative environment and have a strong background in voice and network platforms. Additional core responsibilities include:
- Outage response, high-level systems analysis, evaluation, documentation, and implementation requiring a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills related to the IEN/VoIP platform
- Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on outage response and repair, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing, and acceptance phases
- Responsible for ensuring quality services are delivered for particular task(s) and is seen as the task leader
- Coordinate strategies for rapid repair, deployment, and maintenance of IP telephony voice communication architecture and the IEN-Voice network, its component hardware/software, and IP telephony/voice applications
- This includes VoIP/IEN-Voice initiatives and configuring/optimizing all VoIP telephone systems and services, both internally, and those integrated with Internet-based services
- Ability to take call on a rotating basis
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field required
- Experience can be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum of 3 years voice engineering work experience or similar position/role required
- Minimum 3 years of related Voice Network operations experience required
- Minimum 3 years first-hand knowledge of SIP, H.323, TCP/IP protocols preferred
- Minimum 3 years first-hand knowledge of ACME SBC (configurations, HMR's etc.) preferred
- Minimum 3 years first-hand knowledge of Sonus (GSX, PSX, SGX etc.) preferred
- Minimum 3 years PBX and Circuit based telephone network experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years T1/DS0/DS3 provisioning/test and turn-up and years of circuit switch/PSTN network experience preferred
- CCNA/CCNP preferred
West is connecting people and ideas.
- A strong understanding of VOIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies
- In-depth/strong technical knowledge of ACME SBC (configurations, HMR's etc.)
- Strong knowledge of configuration and optimization of VOIP equipment
- Must have direct experience with Cisco switches and routers
- In-depth/strong understanding of MOS Score, Jitter and all VOIP related troubleshooting methods
- In-depth knowledge of SIP monitoring/debugging/troubleshooting tools using Hammer E-XMS/Wireshark/call generator or other related tools
- First-hand knowledge of Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) network builds
- In-depth/strong technical knowledge of circuit switch/PSTN network
- Strong technical knowledge of Sonus Soft switches (GSX/PSX/SGX/GSI/EMS etc.)
- Cisco and Juniper network router and switches
We are delivering on their potential. We are improving the way we work and live.
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are West
Applications accepted through 8/21/2019
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don’t forget to join our online community and “Like” West Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other West employees. Please Note:
The Company has strict background check requirements both pre-employment and during employment. Depending upon the position and/or access required, applicants and personnel may be required to successfully complete additional background checks including, but not limited to customer background checks, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certification – criminal history check, fingerprinting and training. The company also runs a motor vehicle record check as part of the background check process.
The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and periodic screening during employment. Please note, marijuana remains an illegal drug under federal law. We have federal contracts that require us to be compliant with the federal Drug Free Workplace Act. West Safety Services is a tobacco free workplace.