Force and Motion Control – Industrial has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Product Design Engineer in the Associated Spring Raymond division. The Product Engineer is responsible for application analysis, feasibility, design, development, cost estimation, process flow, and the launch of custom spring elements and spring assemblies, in addition to the maintenance and creation of engineering specifications and standards for FMC Industrial products. Project assignments are based on the engineer’s experience and competency in spring design, as well as fluency in internal engineering applications and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review spring element customer specifications and applications to determine feasibility and ensure recommended solutions support customer needs and expectations.
- Interface with suppliers to determine costs and communicate quality expectations for spring element opportunities.
- Create 3D Models, detailed drawings and specification documents as required on a project basis.
- Provide technical support for new product expansions and spring element productivity projects.
- Maintain and setup product information in the company ERP system.
- Communicate project status with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to current ISO/TS 16949 quality system.
- Provide guidance and direction to engineering interns on a project basis.
- Perform all other assignments as requested by management.
- Adherence to the Barnes Group Code of Ethics.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience as a product engineer in a manufacturing-based organization.
- Creation of 3D CAD models and detailed engineering drawings of machined components or other products that require similar rigor.
- Experience in spring design, preferred, but not required.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 or IATF 16949 business systems environment, preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or a similar 3D CAD system.
- Working knowledge of APQP, preferred.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings, validation protocols, and material specifications.
- High aptitude in stress analysis, dynamics, and motion control.
- Experience using drill presses, band saws, lathes, and vertical mills.
- Strong aptitude in a Windows environment required with high proficiency in MS Excel.