- As an APQP and PPAP team leader, develop Process Flow Diagram, Process FMEA, and Control Plan, operation and inspection instructions and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the company throughout the APQP process from initial design review to successful PPAP submission.
- Maintain strong communication with Customers, internal management team, and Vendors to ensure quality level is meeting expectations.
- Respond to, research, determine root cause, develop and implement corrective actions for customer complaints.
- Support the production process by handling all aspects of supplier quality including evaluation, development and corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality systems are maintained in accordance with the IATF 16949, AS9100 and ISO 9000 standards and as well as incorporating customer specific requirements and reviewed annually. Will recommend, develop, implement and audit systems, procedures and changes.
- Developing, implementing and auditing quality procedures and processes.
- Ability to develop corrective actions utilizing the 8D methodology.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Proficient in quality application tools including SPC, APQP, PPAP (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, Gage R&R, Capability analysis), DOE, ISO 9000, and IATF 16949 requirements.
- Previous experience with customer and supplier relations and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Strong root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills supporting a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Candidate must be able to work well in a team environment and work well across various departmental functions within the company.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, technical journals, procedures and standards and apply them.
- Must have excellent analytical, reasoning, problem solving, organizational skills, and possess a strong aptitude for detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, and Access.
- Knowledge of AS9100, implementing SPC software, six sigma, lean, internal auditing, team leading and facilitation
- Highest degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in quality/engineering or a relevant field preferred.
Please apply for the position via our Careers Website at www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)