What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
The software engineer will be the primary developer supporting PLM and R&D applications. This position will work closely with the senior software engineer, software consulting partners, shared services teams, and managed services partner to enable and deploy software solutions. This position will develop and deploy software code and solutions that comply with FDA computer systems validation methodology.
- Understand product development business requirements and work to achieve the scalable solutions in PLM and R&D software platforms.
- Develop and implement software solutions by either using out of the box configuration, process extensions, custom code/ scripts per FDA computer system validation process.
- Responsible for deployment and run support of applications in the cloud (AWS) by working with Cardinal Health infrastructure, Database, Network, Security, other shared services teams.
- Responsible to work with Product IT senior software engineer to design and develop PLM and R&D platform technology multi-year roadmap.
- Provide technical guidance and lead low to medium effort enhancement/ build projects.
- Design and write J2EE/Java code around PLM and R&D platforms including extending APIs, batch jobs, JMS queues, ERP integrations, device serial/i2C interface communication.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- J2EE technologies such as WebLogic, XML, JMS, and Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Unix operating systems including J2EE/WebLogic deployment, application maintenance and CRON job scheduling.
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including requirement analysis and system design, and/or software engineering principles.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts including Application Build & Run, Incident Management, Change Management, CMDB in Service Now platform.
- PLM systems including Oracle Agile, Enovia, Polarion.
- Experience with Content Management Platforms like Drupal
- Exposure to IoT- wireless technologies like Zigbee, ZWave, Wifi including updating devices using Over the Air (OTA) protocols
Other experience requirements:
- Development of policies, procedures and providing training/ support to end users.
- Team player, with excellent communication skills, customer service, and client management experience a must.
- Drive and ability to learn new technologies & platforms.
- Development of innovative technical solutions and consistent with organization objectives.
- Complete work independently in a modified water fall or Agile methodology with general guidance on new projects following the computer software validation process.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.