, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking an Engineer Associate - Production Technology
to support our North American location in Wooster, OH
The goal of the Engineer Associate - Production Technology is to support the Manufacturing Engineer - Machining. S/he will do the following within the segment:
- Take an active role in the areas of process development, optimization, capital investment, cost reduction and quality improvement with respect to machining processes.
- Must be comfortable and hands on with CNC machines, blue print reading and reading and writing G code.
- Justify, specify, develop, validate, and install new equipment, gauges, and tooling.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support for manufacturing processes.
- Identify and implement quality improvements while proactively utilizing PFMEA.
- Focus to ensure successful new product launches.
- Improve costs through scrap, cycle time, consumables, and downtime reductions.
This position is required to know and understand the current specifications of the Quality Policy and procedures, as well as the Safety and Environment Policy and procedures and contribute to the achievement of the company objectives. In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by her/his supervisor that are essentially related to her/his duties.
Qualified candidates will have:
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Associates Degree and 3 years experience
- Machining manufacturing engineer
- CNC programming
- Knowledge of current quality specifications
- Leadership communication
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Self motivation