Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 100+ metal and glass production facilities in more than 20 countries, employing approximately more than 23,000 people and have global sales of more than $9bn.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
Work under the direction of the VP Environmental compliance to safeguard company environmental operating permits, develop compliance strategies and participate in rulemaking to ensure maximum operational flexibility while maintaining compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental rules and regulations.
- Provides plant support to achieve and maintain compliance with applicable regulations, company policy and best management practices.
- Develop subject matter expertise to provide guidance and program development and implementation.
- Support the development of plant environmental strategies (e.g. ISO 14001), Waste and Water Reduction Programs, Sustainability Data Management, etc. Help to implement and monitor existing and comprehensive programs.
- Support environmental compliance activities including, but not limited to compiling EI, TRI, GHG and HW reports, DMRs, contingency emergency and spill response plans, emissions control and waste management plans, permit applications, emissions testing, CEMS certifications.
- Audit Plant operation of environmental management and Sustainability systems, Ardagh’s GoGreen Index, Environmental KPIs, and compliance with permits and regulations.
- Develop and implement programs aligned to the business needs to improve efficiency of environmental compliance.
- Direct Plant personnel and verify emissions monitoring activities, reviewing and reporting of emissions data, preparing and submitting permit certifications and other required compliance reports and general training.
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Environmental Engineering, Environment Sciences, or a related field.
- Prefer experience that demonstrates a solid understanding of environmental laws, polices, and management procedures.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within Department responsibilities.
What we offer:
- Benefits day one!
- Opportunity to be at your best!
- Professional growth and development!
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.