Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Building Engineer at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to maintain the integrity of all building operating systems, plan, coordinate, and perform facility projects. This position will maintain engineering work for facility infrastructure and production. This position will supervise, plan, develop, coordinate, and implement facility and property maintenance programs, safety programs, and housekeeping service programs. This position will may be required to support multiple sites.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee building maintenance issues and tasks associated with general repair of the facilities and its assets, including HVAC, electrical, lighting, and plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, keying and special equipment such as UPS Units and generators.
- Provide technical, cost, engineering design and project management for infrastructure of facility, grounds, production equipment, and processes through both internal and external resources.
- Negotiate and update all facility contracts to include scope of work and pricing.
- Establish and develop a schedule of maintenance for each assigned building.
- Work with Budget Manager to develop and manage expense and capital budgets.
- Research market for qualified suppliers of materials and services for improvements in buildings products and/or systems which will serve to better utilize human and financial resources.
- Develop and implement energy conservation and safety projects.
- Oversee contracted services related to facility support.
- Be available on-call as required to assist in expediting and monitoring emergency repairs and responding to building alarms.
- Partner with Operations and Safety leadership to provide efficient and effective services end ensure compliance with company policies and government rules and regulations.
- Act as liaison between different business units of the organization; provide services as needed to meet the needs of various departments maintaining fiscal and staffing guidelines.
- Provide training, guidance and supervision to General Maintenance staff and other team members assigned to various PenFed locations.
- Coordinate leave requests for assigned staff members and weekend coverage for various PenFed locations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in facility engineering, maintenance, or construction is required.
- This position may supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- PMP or CFM Certification is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
- Walk stairs
- Climb ladders
- Bend/crawl under desks
- Regular walks around buildings for inspection purposes
Ability to travel up to 30-50% percent to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.