Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring an Engineer II, Information Technology Encompass at our Omaha, Nebraska location. The primary purpose of this job is to perform engineering, development, maintenance and implementation specific tasks on PenFed Loan Origination platform. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, systems analysis, solution design, standards-based implementation, systems integration, development and technical support.
As an Engineer II, this role requires the ability to interact with business and other IT stakeholders, recommend efficient solutions, responsible for delivery, change management and release management process. This position requires detailed knowledge of ICE (Ellie Mae) Encompass platform, its architecture and its eco system products, knowledge of loan origination workflows and the job functions of all operational roles that participate in that workflow.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Build, test and implement new system enhancements such as advanced business rules, custom input forms, workflows, and third-party integrations through advanced coding. Assist with the troubleshooting and maintaining of production systems and resolution of production issues and outages.
- Act as subject matter expert for all ICE (Ellie Mae) platform products to liaison with business stakeholders.
- Work closely with leadership team, department heads and end users to develop product strategies and roadmap.
- Optimize mortgage systems and workflow to maximize efficiency and end user experience.
- Evaluate new ICE (Ellie Mae) and other mortgage providers technologies/software to determine fit into PenFed Encompass architecture and provide recommendations.
- Contribute technical expertise to requirements analysis to enhance the quality of the solution design.
- Participate in deployments and post-release activities in accordance with PenFed Change Management policies
- Employ problem solving abilities to understand, interpret, troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to system functionality.
- Provide technical oversight and coordinate with ICE (Ellie Mae) support staff for any issue resolution.
- Coordinate ICE (Ellie Mae) Encompass upgrades and advise department management teams of changes to the platform and how they may impact business processes.
- Balance competing demands to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Use a broad range of communications technologies to deliver effective messages.
- Understand, act on and monitor compliance with information, communications security and use policies.
- Support compliance with the records, information and knowledge management requirements of the organization.
- Deliver technical visualization of proposed solution for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Translate logical designs into physical designs and produces detailed design documentation.
- May act as project leader or receive work assignments from designated project leaders.
- Analyze, design, develop, document and test application programs and system components of a medium to complex nature.
- Must be able to work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Work as the highest-level technical expert, acting as an internal consultant for all tasks in the analysis, design, testing and implementation of assignments.
- Ensure appropriate company and departmental Change Control and operational procedures are followed for all production-related updates assigned changes.
- Remain an active learner in technologies related to your domain.
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support as needed in the event of a system outage or failure.
- Escalate issues, keep informed, advise and receive instructions
- Inspire and motivate team, provide direction and manage performance.
- Guide, support, coach and mentor team members.
- Review the work and proposals of team members Encourage team to work collaboratively to contribute to achieving the team’s business outcomes.
- Business Units/3rd Parties.
- Resolve and provide solutions to issues.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in mortgage technology platforms and mortgage compliance which includes federal, state and GSE guidelines.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with Consumer Connect, TPO Connect, Data Connect products.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with ICE (Ellie Mae) Encompass, platform administration, infrastructure designs, security architecture and data architecture are required.
- Experience with ICE (Ellie Mae) migration tool (Sync Settings tool, Admin tool, Input Form Builder etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of the major Mortgage peripheral systems such as Optimal Blue, Consumer Connect, TPO Connect, Data Connect, Salesforce CRM, Velocify, AIQ, etc., is required.
- Previous experience with CRM/Lead Management systems is a plus.
- Additional experience in SDK, API, and .NET is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills is required.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews with project leads.
- Must be capable of providing solutions to identified systems issues.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification in Encompass Administration is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.