We are seeking a Part Time Engineer to provide assistance to the Chief Engineers at KMTR and KVAL located in Eugene, Oregon and assist with engineering duties at KPIC-TV located in Roseburg, Oregon and KCBY-TV in Coos Bay, Oregon. This individual will assist in installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment. They will also provide assistance in building maintenance, grounds maintenance, hands-on support of office equipment, as well as maintaining the station vehicle fleet.
- Provide the engineering support for the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned
- Help maintain computers and servers related to television transmission and video automation systems, as well as business-side work stations.
- Help maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
- Assist in maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications
- Communicate with engineering management and associate engineers on technical issues and project progress as required
- Assist with preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting of broadcast electronical equipment, including but not limited to, cameras, audio and video equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
- Perform tasks associated with daily building upkeep
- Perform building and vehicle safety inspections
- Other duties as assigned
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the management of Servers, Network Security and Network Services
- PC/Mac hardware/software support of on-site installing, servicing and repairing workstations
- Provide support for the technical needs of the News Department
- Assist with video equipment set-up and maintenance
- Assist Engineering with Transmitter and Master Control maintenance
- Assist with LAN and WAN related hardware and software maintenance
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
- Apply regular security updates
- Perform physical inventory of equipment
- Maintain digital telephone system
- Associates degree or higher in IT, electronics or computer related field
- Broadcast experience preffered
- A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- On-call duty, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift computers and equipment generally less than 50 pounds
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.