Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Software Engineer III, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
The Software Engineer III will work on-site in Secaucus, NJ.
Software Engineer III, the role:
The Software Engineer III will work as part of a small, agile team to design and implement new features and technologies in a variety of different products throughout Quest Diagnostics. This professional will deliver high quality, high performance code in an agile environment.
- Develop key product features within existing large-scale enterprise applications and new strategic initiatives that will drive system and operational efficiencies, measure system performance, and provide “glue” for complex solutions.
- Participate in the full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, & launching.
- Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
- Participate in architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
- Develop features completely including the front-end components and the backend systems.
- Design and implement changes to systems that yield higher performance and resiliency while achieving lower operations overhead.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Design and define the interaction between the other component pieces.
- Consistently define and apply technologies, standards and software engineering practices, mentoring other team members.
- Contribute to the focus and effectiveness of the development team; tracking issues to resolution, monitoring the effectiveness of tasks, and providing status to the team lead.
- Raise long-term architecture issues within project.
- Conduct design and code reviews of multiple projects.
- Generate data for project planning, including task breakdown & estimation of work for a project. Competent in developing accurate estimates & risk assessments. Track status within the project as necessary.
- Communicate team and project status to project manager and director.
- May occasionally act in the Team Lead role
- Act as the designated expert for owned application area(s).
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the organization’s development procedures by looking for opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques.
- Strong understanding of the Quest billing systems and understanding of the payment collection processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the Quest Billing Web application functionalities, particularly related to Quest PSC payment collection.
- Experience with providing design and technical guidance to offshore resources related to the Quest Struts and Springboot billing application
- Strong understanding of various payment managers and Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
- Strong experience writing application testing tools
- Working knowledge of DevOPs integrations for billing applications - using Gitlab/Jenkins/Jfrog/Chef
- Strong understanding of Spring and Springboot
- Excellent design thinker and always looking to improve code
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Provide architectural design of modules and feasible implementation approach based on J2EE design pattern and latest framework.
- Working knowledge of Apache Configuration related to Quest Billing Web application.
- Strong experience with providing solutions related to development issues and for resolving critical production support issues
- Strong working experience related to keeping current on Java and continually provides application improvement suggestions to reduce overhead or reduce complex code
- Proficiency in Enterprise Java programming plus one or more modern programming languages such as Ruby, Python, or C#.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Expertise in backend technologies using Java 1.8, Struts 2.x, Spring and Springboot, Spring Security.
- Expertise in designing, documenting, and implementing REST APIs and related security components.
- Good working experience using SOAP web services
- Good working experience with Oracle 12C, SQL
- Experience with Web Technologies, Visual Basic, and multi-tier architectures.
- Desire to understand Quest’s business and ensure solutions are clearly linked to the organization’s strategy and goals for optimal performance
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.