Location: Fremont, CA
Contract / Contract to Hire
- Responsible for the maintenance of Assembly Services (AS) Bills of Material (BOMs), Production Routings, and Work Instructions.
- Utilize their knowledge of SNC AS products, processes, and documentation requirements to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and clarity of the documentation sent to the manufacturing floor.
- Involve working directly with the Manufacturing Technicians to resolve AS manufacturing and test issues real-time, as they arise, proactive reviews of engineering drawings for manufacturability and accuracy, performing production-related time studies, and assisting with other engineering-related projects in the office and on the production floor. At all times, the Engineering Technician will look for opportunities to improve manufacturing processes/facilities and report them to the team.
- Participating in design reviews to assess the completeness and correctness of all production-related documentation.
- Maintenance of BOMs, routings and procedures to correct omissions and errors.
- Performing production studies (time study data collection, process/documentation validation).
- Proactively collecting feedback from production staff and relaying it to the engineering team.
- Continuously looking for process and facility improvements and working with the engineering/production departments to implement solutions.
- Performing other engineering-related projects and tasks as assigned.
- Strong experience in a manufacturing environment (5+ years required)
- Strong experience with assembly processes and business management systems (ERP)
- Experience working/communicating with multiple departments and across diverse teams.
- Experience with CAD/drafting software
- Engineering Documentation. High proficiency in the reading and understanding of requirements within Engineering documentation (e.g. drawings, BOMs, Specifications, Procedures, etc.)
- Detail Orientation. Ability to observe and assess processes with strong attention to detail.
- Basic math skills
- Manufacturing Knowledge. Familiarity with common manufacturing tools/machinery and inspection-related equipment.
- Computer Savvy. Competency with computers and digital communication.
- Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all associates throughout the organization.
- High Standards. Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Precision. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to follow procedures rigidly. Detail-oriented.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Adaptability. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Multi-tasking.
- High School diploma or GE
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.