WTVC has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Broadcast Engineer in the Engineering Department. This position involves maintaining television transmission and video equipment, including computers and automation systems. The candidate will be directly responsible for hands-on support of a modern broadcast facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide support in the maintenance of all station facilites and equipment, including knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
• Provide engineering support for the installation, servicing and repairing of broadcast equipment and systems
• Provide engineering support for the technical needs of the News Department, including troubleshooting of field gear and procedures
• Assist associates with training and operation of station equipment
• Provide Engineering support with transmitter maintenance
• Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
• Provide on-call engineering support for station operations
• Associates degree or technical education in electronics or computer related field
• 2 - 4 years of related broadcast experience
• A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
• Strong familiarity with broadcast systems and standards (FCC R&Rs)
• Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule
• On-call duty, including weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift equipment generally less than 50 pounds
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.