Surround yourself with ingenuity. Bobcat design, prototype and test capabilities are state-of-the-art. In fact, few facilities in the world can match the variety of Bobcat’s prototyping and testing. As a result, most of your work will involve hydraulics, electronics, measurements, programming, automating and/or designing systems and structures.
Specifically, your internship may provide hands-on work in:
- Product Improvement / Development:
- Develop new and modify existing parts using Creo
- Modify and update Engineering drawings
- Prepare Engineering Change Notices and Bill of Materials
- Assist in prototype builds in the Bobcat lab
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Utilize Ansys to conduct Finite Element Analysis studies
- Developing, analyzing, and utilizing Quality data to drive improvement activities
- Design of specialized production machines, tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Analyze data to aid in the selection and improvement of manufacturing processes
- Develop and build electrical simulators
- Develop schematics for systems
- Determine root cause for electrical quality issues
- Record and analyze data
- Support the development of embedded software for control of Bobcat Hydro-electrical systems
- Become familiar with Bobcat software development processes for coding, modeling and testing
- Interface with all other Bobcat departments to develop solutions to problems.
These are a few examples of wide variety of projects that will prepare you for a productive career in engineering.
- Education Standard: Pursuing Bachelors, Jr. or Sr. standing
- Education Type: Engineering- Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Agricultural Manufacturing or other Engineering/Industrial Technologies
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Knowledge of drafting software preferred (ProE preferred or Solid Works)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience a plus (farm, mechanic, hobby carpentry, etc.)
- Project management skills a plus
- Be able to commit to Bobcat for the entire term of the internship (3-4 months) and be able to work 12-20 hours per week or 40 hours during the summer term
- Previous co-op experience with Bobcat is a requirement
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
Reimbursement of required college co-op tuition credits, up to $1,400.00 per lifetime.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.