Location : Gwinner
Manage the engineering development group to accomplish targets outlined in the Company’s 5-year plan. Responsible for the design and development of new and existing products which are cost competitive, high quality and meet or exceed the market requirements.
- Outline strategy for employee growth, development, and succession planning for responsible departmental area.
Ensure Long Range Goals Are Met
- Assist in the development engineering goals and strategies which are in alignment with the Company’s goals.
- Collaborate with Planning Group to initiate new ideas for future and existing products for the Long-Range Plan.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to accomplish goals per the Long-Range Plan.
- Participate in Planning and Operational meetings on development status of major activities.
- Plan and manage the development activity of existing and new products per schedules outline in the Long-Range Plan.
- Prepare, submit and maintain operating budget for responsible area per the Long-Range Plan.
- Respond and solve any field problems and warranty issues in appropriate area.
- Improve product quality, reliability and system cost through warranty and Quality Cost Improvement programs.
- Continually improve the Product Development Process, Engineering Systems and Knowledge Management Systems.
- On-site Engineering support:
- Deviation investigation and sign off
- NAGS design
- Quality/Warranty projects
- Appriso/Shift support
- NPD design support
- Proficiency in developing and mentoring future managers for the company.
- Ability to deal with peers and managers at all levels and functions within the Company.
- Clear understanding of Global Engineering needs.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience Required: 10>15 years
- Travel Required: <10%
- Manage respective engineering department planning and performance per the Long-Range Plan
- Strategic vision alignment - articulates vision
- Organizational capability, builds competencies in people and business
- Business skills - knowledge of finance, Profit & Loss results
- Risk - knows when and how
- People Leadership - change, decisions, priorities, teamwork, coaching
- Managerial - planning, goals, measures, obligation
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.