The Lansing Division has an exciting career opportunity in its Engineering organization. We are seeking a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The right candidate should have a proven track record of providing leadership and expertise in the application of engineering activities to ensure successful New Product Introduction (NPI). If you are a talented, self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast-paced environment, and can focus individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
- Oversee all new product introduction engineering activities to ensure that milestones, budgets, and technical customer’s expectations are met.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the engineering staff ensuring they provide the necessary technical support to sales, manufacturing, and quality to achieve division objectives.
- Ensure that all manufacturing special processes (welding, heat treat, brazing, vacuum furnace, etc.) and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental standards.
- Direct the development of new manufacturing processes and the revision of existing processes to facilitate the improved manufacturing of parts.
- Provide technical support to all customers on engineering issues.
- Develop, coach and mentor team of engineers to ensure the highest level of performance and standards of excellence.
- Manages by way of Leadership Effectiveness (EI). Recognizes his/her emotions and that of his/her team and develops actions to motivate, inspire and direct in a more effective manner.
- Coordinate the development of tooling and N/C programs to support the processing of parts.
- Manages/supports inventory and accountability for customer owned property (tooling).
- 3 to 5 years of aerospace industry engineering experience preferred with a process engineering background in basic manufacturing operations including machining, forming, welding, brazing, and heat treat.
- Experience with AS9100, aerospace customer contracts, system requirements and Nadcap preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience. Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (Emotional Intelligence). Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Understanding of lean principles and techniques required. Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and encourages innovative ideas for products and processes.
- The successful candidate must be highly professional and ethical, with unquestioned integrity.
- Excellent communication skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance to drive change initiatives.
- Knowledge of financial modeling (Revenue stream vs. product costs vs. capital costs)
- Understanding of ERP systems and engineering’s role within the system (Syteline experience preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Proficient in AutoCad, Microsoft Project preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering. MBA or advanced degree preferred.