Barnes Aerospace, Windsor Division has an exciting career opportunity to lead its Engineering organization. We are seeking a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The right candidate should have a proven track record of providing leadership and expertise in the application of engineering activities to ensure successful NPI, support daily operational issues and aggressively drive cost-out activities. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration. This position reports to the Division Manager.
- Oversee all new product introduction engineering activities to ensure that milestones, budgets, and customer’s expectations are met.
- Facilitate APQP/PPAP processes for all NPI/NPD
- Collaborate with functional leaders to implement tools and processes required to ensure on time delivery of all NPI projects.
- Develop and implement robust Configuration and Engineering Change Management Processes that minimize impact to Finished Goods and WIP.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the engineering staff to ensure they provide the necessary technical support to safety sales, manufacturing, and quality to achieve division objectives.
- Ensure that all manufacturing special processes and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental standards.
- Champion development of new special processes (Heat Treat, Braze, TIG Weld, etc)
- Develop project plans to support NPI and other projects as dictated by business needs.
- Provide technical support to all customers on engineering issues related to quality and growth challenges.
- Build a high performing Engineering Organization with a focus on talent management
- Develop, coach and mentor team of engineers to ensure the highest level of performance and standards of excellence.
- Coordinate the development of tooling and N/C programs to support the processing of parts.
- Manages/supports inventory and accountability for customer owned property (tooling).
- Drives the businesses innovation strategy inclusive of capital acquisitions and new technology insertion.
- Maintains a capable indirect load capacity model for the business.
- 5 to 10 years of aerospace industry engineering experience preferred with a process engineering background in manufacturing operations.
- Experience with AS9100, aerospace customer contracts, system requirements and Nadcap preferred.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience. Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (Emotional Intelligence). Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and encourages innovative ideas for products and processes.
- Strong project management skills; PMP Certification strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of ERP systems and engineering’s role within the system (Syteline experience preferred).
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively at all levels of the organization (both internally and externally).
- Experience with change management, success in influencing, building commitment and overcoming resistance to drive change initiatives.
- Solid business acumen with knowledge of financial modeling (Revenue stream vs. product costs vs. capital costs).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Project preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)