- Oversee all new product introduction engineering activities to ensure that milestones, budgets, and technical customer’s expectations are met.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the engineering staff ensuring they provide the necessary technical support to sales, manufacturing, and quality to achieve division objectives.
- Ensure that all manufacturing special processes and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental standards.
- Direct the development of new manufacturing processes and the revision of existing processes to facilitate the improved manufacturing of parts.
- Provide technical support to all customers on engineering issues.
- Develop, coach and mentor team of engineers to ensure the highest level of performance and standards of excellence.
- Manages by way of Leadership Effectiveness (EI). Recognizes his/her emotions and that of his/her team and develops actions to motivate, inspire and direct in a more effective manner.
- Experience with financial modeling (Revenue stream vs. product costs vs. capital costs)
- Coordinate the development of tooling and N/C programs to support the processing of parts.
- Manages/supports inventory and accountability for customer owned property (tooling).
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs to produce legacy product.
- 7 to 10 years of aerospace industry engineering experience preferred with a process engineering background in the manufacturing of Titanium and Nickel based alloys including sheet metal forming, 3 and 5 axis machining, laser trimming, chemical processing, welding, and heat treating.
- Experience with AS9100, aerospace customer contracts, system requirements and Nadcap preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience. Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (Emotional Intelligence). Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and encourages innovative ideas for products and processes.
- The successful candidate must be highly professional and ethical, with unquestioned integrity.
- Excellent communication skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance to drive change initiatives.
- Knowledge of financial modeling (Revenue stream vs. product costs vs. capital costs)
- Understanding of ERP systems and engineering’s role within the system (Syteline experience preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Manage the design and build of all tooling for both internal and external build.
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Understanding of lean principles and techniques. Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)