As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a strong analytical candidate to work closely with the Sr. Data Engineers to oversee the Transition data conversion project and execute against data conversion and Transition milestones.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Integrate RSN system data within Corporate Data Lake and Enterprise Data Warehouse environments; maintain data warehouse
• Migrate legacy RSN data components to future state environments
• Analyze application and infrastructure performance data in order to prevent, detect, and mitigate broadcast center incidents
• Create and maintain a data broker layer for orchestrating broadcast center telemetry messages
• Create a Consumer telemetry layer
• Establish metadata taxonomy and data governance standards
• Build scalable, high performance infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from raw data sources
• Responsible for designing, building, testing, integrating, managing, and optimizing data
• Responsible for data format, resilience, scaling, and security
• Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
People Management & Development
• Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
- Manage a team of data analyst's and engineers
• 8+ years of data taxonomy, BI, data migration or data lake integration experience, as well as 2+ years experience managing a small team
• Proven experience using one or more data modeling tools (including, but not limited to, SQL, Spark, ElasicSearch, Hive, Azure Data Lake, BigQuery, etc.)
• Experience with data visualization tools (including, but not limited to, Matplot, Splunk, Kibana, DataStudio, Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
• Experience with Consumer telemetry, infrastructure monitoring, and process improvement preferred
• Machine learning and artificial intelligence experience preferred
• Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.