This role requires a Technical Program Manager with unmanned vehicle experience or related such as: electrical vehicle, powertrain, solar, batteries
Highly talented Technical Program Manager who has interest and/or experience with high altitude unmanned systems or satellite systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You'll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, Guidance, Navigation, and Control and software engineers. You will have experience developing solar electric aircraft, electrical systems, very low weight structures, embedded systems and fabrication with high quality vendors within reliable systems. This position involves development from concept through implementation and testing, including flight testing (entire lifecycle).
- B.S. in Aerospace, or B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or B.S. in Mechatronics/Robotics or other engineering discipline with equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience with systems engineering and architecture involving embedded systems, electrical systems including solar/batteries, optics and RF communications
- Experience with software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop testing preferred
- 8+ years experience in system performance analysis, requirements management, and verification/validation within component/subassembly/system level breakdowns
- Strong background for hands-on debugging and root cause corrective action testing
- Experience leading small, nimble R&D teams using risk-based schedule and cost reporting through processes and procedural documentation
- Candidates with Electronics and Mechanical hands-on background such as wire harness design/fab/integration, electronics prototyping, cameras, and radios would be given special consideration
- Candidates with spacecraft/satellite, UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- Possess an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Hands-on leader
- Highly intellectual and analytical
- Challenge seeker who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.