Engineering Support Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
As R&D Support Specialist, you will be responsible for processing Engineering Sales Requests (ESR’s) and Engineering Feasibility Requests (EFR’s) for Utility Products manufactured in our Ormond Beach plant. You’ll play a key role in the implementation, design and final layout of new products, by scheduling and checking drafting work, and the creation of layout drawings from Sales and Marketing input.
- Responsible for data entry and management of data and information with the Infor LX ERP System; Create and enter item numbers, item masters, BOM’s and routers
- Accountable for timely scheduling of drafting work, auditing and verifying technical design lay-outs and drawings
- Process/administer change requests, maintain document change system as necessary
- Responsible for laying out new product concepts
- Assist with determining root cause of product failures and help address Customer complaints/concerns
- Continually recommend improvements in all areas related to CAD equipment, standards and drawings
- Interpret industry specifications and their applications related to product design
- A minimum of 2-5 years of related R&D Engineering technical support and drafting experience required; Associate degree in Engineering or related field is a plus
- Proficiency and skills in using CAD programs required including all related math functions
- Must have excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 particularly with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience creating layout drawings that are derived from input from Sales and Marketing
- Knowledge and user experienced in MRP systems such as Infor LX is highly preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.