World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 43 countries and more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Etoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves, in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to training and development with international career opportunities.
Summary of Job Description
The Engineering Technician position is a technical role within the R&D Engineering Department, expected to contribute in the development of complex medical instruments. This individual will collaborate with R&D engineering staff to support the design, prototyping, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of complex medical instruments.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to engineering staff to assure that project deadlines are met.
- Support the fabrication of prototype instruments and perform preventative maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Take responsibility for the design control of assembled instruments and their compliance with design specifications as well as standard quality and compliance procedures.
- Create appropriate documentation such as technical communications, test reports, change logs, and meeting summaries.
- Provide support to verification and regulatory compliance activities.
- Create and operate test fixtures to validate designs, perform acceptance testing, and gather reliability data.
- Actively participate in the Design Transfer processes.
- BS in Engineering or 2-year Associates Degree in a relevant area, plus 2 or more years work experience supporting the design of electromechanical systems, equipment and components in a regulated industry (pharmaceutical, medical device, aerospace and defense, etc.).
- Experience with development, implementation, troubleshooting, assembling, and testing complex mechanisms, components, and assemblies.
- Candidate must be well grounded in engineering design principles with demonstrated hands-on design competency working with complex instrumentation.
- Strong collaborative design and project skills.
- Proficiency in the use of laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, and MS Word.
Desired experience, skills and qualifications:
- Training/proficiency in soldering, cable construction, and/or circuit board repair.
- Experience with ECAD (Altium preferred) or MCAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Experience with programming or scripting languages.
- Proficiency in basic metal working skills (drill press, grinder, sheet metal shear/brake, etc.).
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA