WPEC is searching for an Engineering/Operations Technician to work and grow in our West Palm Beach facility. We are looking for a DOER who wants to learn and grow. The B.E.T. will be challenged to operate and maintain modern television broadcast equipment in a fast paced, live focused environment. As a key member of the On Air Operations and Engineering team, the right candidate will be given an opportunity to work 'Hands-On' with a variety of complex broadcast systems and equipment. Some computer networking skills and a basic understanding of electronic theory is required, as we expect you to hit the ground running and learning along the way. Extra points for Master Control experience! This is a great opportunity for an experienced MCO who wants to transition into a full time engineering role. You will receive extensive training and the opportunity to learn from veteran Broadcast Engineers. If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, this is a solid opportunity to grow with us as we build upon our solid team.
- Regular Operation of Master Control Systems and On-Air Operations Equipment
- Attention to detail and On-Air Quality Control
- Maintain Operational Logs and Reports
- Engineering and Technical duties in support of Live News
- Engineering and Technical duties in support of Technical Projects
- Engineering and Technical duties in support of Project Planning and Execution
- Hands On maintenance of News and Production Equipment
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone, computer or in person.
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends and evenings
- Some College or Military electronics experience is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years broadcast experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
- Work on ladders and man-lifts at heights up to 30 feet
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Pull wire and cable through conduits, cable trays and overhead ceilings.
- Distinguish colors in the visible spectrum
- Respond to emergency calls at any time of night or day.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Attend all assigned meetings
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Report for other duties as assigned
- Maintain a neat and clean workspace
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.