Location : Bismarck
Support testing process by assisting in the construction of test fixtures or equipment, or in the modification of components and sub-assemblies to be tested.
Provide feedback to design and manufacturing teams during the test processes.
Additional responsibilities include general maintenance and upkeep of Product Engineering facility, equipment and fleet
Specific Duties - Testing
- Assist engineers in planning tests or experiments.
- Conduct tests or experiments, evaluate data and summarize findings and recommendations.
- Assist with installation of instrumentation for product testing.
- Operate a wide variety of laboratory machines and instruments: dynamometers, fatigue test equipment, etc.
- Install test instrumentation, sensors, and associated wiring.
- Operate data acquisition equipment.
- Operate desk or hand computer at sufficient speed and accuracy to process data while test or experiment is in operation.
- Study specifications & plan sequence of operations.
- Interpret prints & assembly drawings to ensure parts and/or machines meet desired specifications.
- Order supplies to support day to day operation of specific functional area.
- Execution of defined processes for quality.
- Develop & maintain cross-functionality in multiple shop functions.
- Utilize CAD software to view & interpret design intent (Pro E/ProductView).
- Provide feedback to design and/or manufacturing teams on opportunities to improve design or process.
- Utilize software to locate & transact parts from production, evaluate workload & flow parts through processes, communicate project progress & track machine history.
- Operate Engineering support equipment.
- Ship parts as required to support project flow.
- Perform preventative maintenance & repairs on facilities & equipment to maintain successful day to day operation.
- Perform other non-essential duties as assigned by management.
- Perform duties in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Assist in the instruction & training of others as requested by supervisor.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and follow 5S schedule.
- Assist with justifications for Capital Equipment Requests (CER).
- Associate’s Degree in technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Equipment testing experience.
- Strong applied mechanical skills and a willingness to use them.
- Manufacturing or Product Development experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Good written & verbal communication.
- Physical Demands: The overall level of work is defined as heavy duty. Employees are expected to exert 51-70 pounds of force occasionally, 21-50 pounds of force frequently and/or 11-20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.