Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- Researching errors by comparing enrollment error reports against system information along with CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) records.
- Sending correspondence to members or CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) to gather information or provide updates for corrections.
- Reconciling reports
- Performing basic clerical functions with proficient PC skills
- Analytical and Researching techniques to trend or quantify projects
- Initiate and assist with developments/changes to increase or change quality and productivity
- Preparing, processing, and maintaining new member or group enrollments
- Responding to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status
- Working with various types of member correspondence
- Reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes
- Inventory control of member and group transactions
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of Eligibility/Benefit enrollment experience
- 1+ year of related healthcare industry
- 1+ year of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel (creating reports and formulas)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Up to 25% local travel required at least 4 times a month
- Ability to work Monday through Friday from 8:30-5pm
- Taft-Hartley experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: benefits, enrollment, healthcare, customer service, claims, mathematics, Optum, insurance, United Healthcare