Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
This position requires technical background in AS400 systems and experience with billing and customer service skills. Requires a lot of data entry, working with numbers and worksheets, identifying and working through specific billing discrepancies, written correspondence, in addition to working in a workgroup call queue for customer service inquiries. Experience working with ERISA compliant benefit funds is a plus.
- Prepare, process, and maintain new member or group enrollments, beneficiary forms, and eligibility calculations
- Maintain hours and contributions in database from reports from employers and complete monthly reconciliation of data reported with accounts receivable on a monthly basis for eligibility calculations for reporting to insurance carriers for benefits
- Attention to detail and math skills are a must to ensure accuracy for data being used for eligibility and pension calculations
- Answer incoming calls from customers and listen actively to identify the type of assistance the customer needs while documenting required information in computer
- Work with various types of member correspondence and emails and respond to member or group inquiries and questions and verify enrollment and eligibility status
- Reconcile reports, eligibility, and payment discrepancies, analyze transactional data, and submit retroactive eligibility changes
- Perform basic clerical functions with proficient PC and Excel Skills
- Initiate and assist with developments/changes to increase or change quality and productivity
- Key data for weekly spousal premium reimbursement from payroll check stubs or documents from employer in order to track the amount of premiums by coverage, by payroll period, and by year to ensure correct amount being reimbursed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for you performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an office call center setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments for analyzing and solving customer problems and inquiries
- 2+ years of experience with Windows PC applications including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 2+ years of experience working Excel (sorting and organizing a spreadsheet, VLOOKUP, creating pivot tables, and manipulating files with large data)
- 2+ years of experience working with Word (basic documentation creation)
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
- Previous experience working with ERISA Compliant Benefit Funds
- Previous experience with accounting receivable / reconciling deposits
- Previous experience working with healthcare insurance enrollment / eligibility
- AS400 experience
- Detail Oriented, Quick Learner, Team Oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verification post hire.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, Enrollment, Eligibility, Lexington, KY