SUMMARY: Responsible for all aspects of enteral nutrition care for the home tube fed patient and other medical nutrition related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Recognize and respect patient rights during the provision of care or services and conducting business relationships with patient and the public in an ethical manner.
- Perform assessments/reassessments of each patient's care or service needs throughout the patient's contact with the organization including physical assessments; psychosocial assessments; functional assessments; and activity assessments as appropriate.
- Formulate, revise, and maintain enteral nutrition patient care plans based on physician orders and assessment findings including the identification of patient problems/needs, goals, and actions and interventions relating to the care or service provided.
- Monitor patient's response to the care or services provided, the actions or interventions taken, and the outcome of the care or service provided.
- Educate patients with relation to their enteral feeding to facilitate safe and effective use and desired care, treatment and service outcomes.
- Provide patient care, treatment, and service in a continuous and coordinated manner, in settings appropriate to meet patient needs.
- Responsible for managing the continuum of care of a patient census.
- Promote safe, effective patient and organizational environments and feeding equipment use.
- Participate in on-going education, including in-services, training, and other activities, to maintain and improve individual competence.
- Obtain, utilize, and update patient information in a confidential and secure manner for utilization in patient care applications.
- Recognize and implement infection control practices that reduce the risk of infections in patients and organizational staff.
- Drives to admit, deliver and pickup such items as enteral formula, feeding pump(s), IV poles, related feeding supplies to patient's home or place of business.
- Records delivery information on delivery record.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints appropriate to scope of practice.
- Completes clinical charting on each new enteral patient and any additional follow up visits.
- Communicates with Medical Nutrition Specialist on each new set up to provide feedback regarding patient issues/concerns, needs, etc. that will then be conveyed to the referral source.
- Communicates with MDs, RNs, and/or RDs to convey additional needs of the home enteral patient.
- Gathers necessary information from referral source to ensure insurance coverage of each enteral patient.
- Follows up on necessary paperwork to ensure payment for services rendered.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on admission, pickup or delivery.
- May have to communicate or interact with, assess, or treat patients/family members that may be:
- Infants (0 - 1 years of age)
- Pediatrics (1 - 17 years of age)
- Adults (18 - 64 years of age)
- Seniors (65 years or greater)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from an accredited institution. Licensed as a registered and licensed dietitian for geographic areas where he/she manages patients. One or more years of RD, LD experience preferred. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian
- Active Driver's Licenses
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive, sit, stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Lincare is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/Disabled/Veterans