Do you possess a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Environmental, Health, Safety, Security (EHSS), or a related field who has a passion for leading? Do you inspire others to actively pursue safety goals and objectives in an ethical, effective, and conscientious manner? Do you motivate leaders and employee teams to get actively involved in EHSS, and to recognize, assess, and control hazards? Do you possess strong experience in the chemical industry? If you said yes to these questions, AND you have proven leadership skills including the ability to advocate coach and mentor we’d like to hear from you!
Wilbur-Ellis is one of the largest family-owned companies in the world. Since our beginning, almost a century ago, Wilbur-Ellis has prided itself on looking forward. This relentless vision helped us grow into a portfolio of three businesses focused on providing the essentials for the world to thrive. It’s this tradition of always staying ahead that will carry us into the future. Join us and Work Where EveryONE Matters!
General Purpose and Scope of Position
The EHSS Program Lead is experienced within the Environmental, Health, and Safety field, with a specific emphasis on strategic implementation of EHSS objectives and targets that achieve business results. This individual will act as a leader and trusted resource. Work will support EHSS management system implementation across the organization. Wilbur-Ellis Company has facilities all over the globe, and travel to training courses, North America project sites, and domestic meetings will be required.
Key Skills and Abilities include:
- Proven experience delivering EHSS projects on time and within budget.
- Working knowledge of the processes associated with large project management efforts.
- Subject matter expert in ISO 14001/45001 and other industry programs such as Responsible Care.
- Working knowledge of aspect/ impact and hazard/risk identification, elimination or reduction or impacts and risks.
- Experience in incident investigation, including root cause analysis
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Strong ability to influence without authority.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to develop and articulate vision.
- Ability to develop efficient procedures and processes.
- Ability to train, coach and develop people.
- Ability to execute across diverse businesses and countries.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with highly diverse groups of people.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Serve as a lead for the EHSS strategy management and tracking.
- Subject matter expert – in EHSS compliance and best practices.
- Assist with EHSS planning and objective and target goal setting.
- Maintain the following EHSS programs:
- Objectives and Targets
- EHSS annual management review
- EHSS monthly scorecare reporting
- EHSS strategy plan
- Incident investigation tracking
- Corrective and preventative action
- Manage and route vendor invoices and project documentation.
- Communicate effectively by phone, e-mail, memo, and in-person with Company personnel, regulatory agency contacts, and consultants.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental or safety science, management, or other EHSS related area.
- 10+ years of professional work experience in an EHSS capacity with at least 5+ years of experience in EHSS management systems based on ISO 14001/45001.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Annual Salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors).
- All applicable company benefits.
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)