SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Make an impact with SGS! Our Sales team makes a difference in the lives of our customers, colleagues and community. SGS works to ensure the health and safety of our environment and community as a key partner in the cleanup of contaminated sites, ensuring we all have safe drinking water and helping clients minimize their impact on the environment.
Our team’s goal is to provide above and beyond client service along with industry leading technical expertise and our Sales & Business Development team is an important part of that objective. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity in an incredible work environment with a team who is constantly looking for ways to exceed the needs of our clients, then this could be the role for you.
We’re looking for a motivated and energetic individual with expertise in business development or client service and a passion for solution-based selling.
This position is responsible for the sale of environmental analytical services to existing and prospected customers, as well as securing business opportunities to meet revenue targets.
Applying the sales process, the successful candidate will generate revenue for SGS environmental laboratories.
A day in the life of an SGS Sales and Business Development Executive
- Identify business leads with existing and potential customers through continuous interaction across the Environmental community.
- Proactively seeks out, intelligently targets and initiates contact with prospective customers to assess potential leads.
- Develops a network of industry contacts and continually qualifies market conditions.
- Through active probing and listening, conduct discovery sessions with qualified leads to identify client needs and determine potential opportunities for the full scope of offerings.
- Assess client needs against capabilities of SGS.
- Work closely with prospects to develop a value proposition and determine how SGS services will help them achieve their goals.
- Influence and promote the expansion or establishment of business opportunities through partnering relationships with potential customers and coordinated efforts with other SGS business lines.
- Secure closure on all proposals to new and existing clients and effectively hand over the contract to the Client Services Team.
- Communicate sales process activities reports to update businesses internally. Use of CRM with agreed upon KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
- Provide market intelligence to the Business Development Manager and Operations Manager to assist in developing sales materials, plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Present and represent SGS at tradeshows and technical seminars to build SGS brand awareness and broaden the market and client base.
- Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions with the SGS organization to ensure the customer obtains the best value from the SGS offerings.
- Sets appropriate customer expectations on SGS product and service offerings.
- Represents SGS professionally and ethically in the marketplace.
- Continually develops personal selling skills, acquires industry knowledge, broadens expertise in environmental service offerings and applies them.
- Reports to the Business Development Manager, NAM Conventional Labs, Environment, Health and Safety.
- 3 years’ experience in the Environmental Industry, preferred
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field is preferred; Chemistry, Biology, Environmental science
- Technical sales, project management, or customer service experience is essential for success in this role
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to build strong customer relationships as well as work effectively and collaborate internally
- Excellent time management skills are an asset
- Solid critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.